top of page

Who To Contact

What Level of Government Should I Contact?

The following will provide you with an overview regarding which level of government is responsible for which programs and services. If you don’t find what you’re looking for please contact our constituency office at 519-371-1059


Federal Government


MP Alex Ruff

  • Anniversary, Birthday and Special Event Scrolls

  • Banking Concerns and Issues

  • Canada Pension Plan/Old Age Security

  • Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)

  • Census

  • Citizenship Issues

  • Criminal Law

  • Currency

  • Employment Insurance

  • Federal Income Tax and Canada Revenue Agency

  • Foreign Policy and Foreign Relations

  • Immigration/Sponsorship/Visitors Visas

  • National Defence

  • Passports

  • Postal Service

  • Social Insurance Numbers

Provincial Government


MPP Rick Byers

  • Anniversary, Birthday and Special Event Scrolls

  • Birth/Death/Marriage Certificates, Change of Name Certificates

  • Commissioner of Oaths

  • Education

  • Family Responsibility Office (FRO) Issues

  • Health Cards and Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) Issues

  • Information on government legislation and policy

  • Provincial Highway Issues

  • Provincial Insignia Pins for Special Occasions

  • Natural Resources, Environment and Energy Issues

  • Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) Issues

  • Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) Issues

  • Power of Attorney Kits

  • Trillium Drug Program Issues

  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) Issues

Municipal Government

  • Animal Control

  • By-Law Enforcement

  • Subsidized Housing Issues

  • Land Use Planning

  • Local Public Transportation

  • Local Roads and Snow Removal

  • Noise Complaints

  • Police and Fire Protection

  • Property Taxes

  • Services at Recreation Centres

  • Waste Collection and Recycling

  • Water and Sewer Services

Find a Contact

Find my Member of Parliament


Find my Member of Provincial Parliament  


Local Municipal Contacts

  • County of Bruce
    30 Park Street
    Walkerton  ON  N0G 2V0
    Phone: 519-881-1291   

  • County of Grey
    595 9th Avenue East
    Owen Sound  ON  N4K 3E3
    Phone: 519-376-2205   

  • Town of Hanover
    Hanover Civic Centre, 341 10th Street
    Hanover  ON  N4N 1P5
    Phone: 519-364-2780   

  • City of Owen Sound
    808 2nd Avenue East
    Owen Sound  ON  N4K 2H4
    Phone: 519-376-1440   

Hill Office

House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario,
K1A 0A6

Telephone: 613-996-5191

Constituency Office

Main office - Owen Sound
1101 - 2nd Avenue East
Suite 208
Owen Sound, Ontario
N4K 2J1

Telephone: 519-371-1059
Fax: 519-371-1752

Mail may be sent postage-free to any Member of Parliament.

bottom of page